The Bedfordshire FA is delighted to deliver in partnership with The FA another coach development opportunity. This CPD event is FREE, to all coaches in the different phases of the game.
Date and time: Wednesday 18/05/2022, from 6:30 – 8:30 pm
Title: Coach: The Role of Others
Speakers: Nimesh Patel (Regional Coach Development Officer) and Joanne Williams Regional Coach Development Officer)
Questions this workshop will aim to answer:
- How do we encourage positive parent/carer engagement?
- How might I make use of additional coaching support?
- What can we learn from others within our network?
What can coaches expect to take away?
1) Communication skills to support the role of the playmaker/ aspiring coach.
2) Practices which two coaches can lead and mirror so players have consistency.
3) Gaining an insight how to have a lead coach, assistant coach which ultimately supports player development.
Consider and bring some questions you may have to help you work with others when coaching.
Overview of the event
The role of others really focuses on how you can support the additional coach. This is more than them just collecting cones, it’s how you can communicate, be confident and be that mentor to a new aspiring coach, maybe even a parent support.
This is also for a newly qualified coach who would like some confidence in getting out on the pitch following the BT playmaker of the I2CF and observe the CDO how to start to set up the first session.
To register for the event please CLICK HERE