The BedfordshIre FA encourage the Bedfordshire football community to rally in support of Ukrainian people.
North Bedfordshire - Drop Off Point
Items can be dropped to Keeley House Bakery @ The Hub during café hours: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 9am - 4pm and Friday 12 noon to 4pm.
Items required are:
- Clothes - particularly for women, children and babies
- Baby wipes
- Sanitary products
- Medication - especially: Paracetamol, calpol, neurofen, ibrupofen, antiseptic cream
- Sudocrem - metanium cream - nappy cream
- Baby formula
If you are unable to bring items to The Hub then you can drop at the following address: 29 Wood End Road, Wootton, MK43 9BB
South Bedfordshire - Drop Off Point
Items can be dropped off at The Luton branch of the Association of Ukrainians.
The branch is based at 16 Cromwell Hill in Luton and will continue to take donations of items listed above on a daily basis from Monday to Friday this week from 10am until 7pm.
The Luton branch of the Association of Ukrainians in Great Britain is looking for donations of the following items:
- Medicine (first aid kits, painkillers, dressing pads, bandage)
- Sleeping bags
- Clothes: warm socks, thermal underwear, gloves, hats
- Food: tea, coffee, tinned food, ready to make soups
- Nappies (for babies and adults)
- Military protection equipment: helmets, vests
The organisation has recommended checking its Facebook page before bringing donations to see if they are any changes to the items that have been asked for.
For those who wish to send a monetary donation, the Association of Ukrainians in Great Britain currently has a GoFundMe running to collect money for medicine, food and vital services: https://www.gofundme.com/f/helpukraine
If any Bedfordshire affiliated clubs are involved in a collection for Ukraine, please share you story with us.