SUPPORTING & DEVELOPING FOOTBALL IN BEDFORDSHIRE SINCE 1894…
The Bedfordshire Football Association was founded in 1894 when an invitation was sent from Mr. G.H. Barford of the Luton Town club to all clubs in the county to attend a meeting at the Cowper Arms Coffee Tavern in Luton.
On 18 January 1894 the ‘Luton News’ newspaper reported that the meeting was attended by "a good muster of young men representing the junior clubs and others interested in the welfare of football" who were in favour of a County Football Association being formed.
One month later the association was officially formed and the first annual general meeting was held on 30 August of the same year, electing Mr G.H. Barford as the association's first president.
The Bedfordshire Football Association has been in existence for over 100 years and nowadays can claim a membership of over 350 clubs in Bedfordshire. The association has its own headquarters at Century House, Dunstable.
The Bedfordshire FA recognises that football development and improved governance of the game, including administration improvements, are essential in order that everyone who wants to can become involved in football.